We work with many contractors. They help us build and maintain our campus and environment and are an important part of our campus community. We want to make sure everyone stays safe.
That's why, as a contractor, you’ll need to follow safety rules and guidelines. We set out our own guidelines, and also follow those set out by WorkSafe BC.
As a contractor, you’ll need to do these things:
- Review our occupational health, safety and environment standards booklet (docx).
- Meet the standards outlined in our booklet and in WorkSafe BC guidelines.
- Provide your current and valid WorkSafe BC clearance letter to the Royal Roads staff member who’s responsible for your contract.
- Meet your own safety-related costs, including safety equipment (such as extra ventilation).
- Ensure project sites have signs identifying precautions (such as hard hat areas or noise areas) and the primary contractor's name.
We might also ask you for the following:
- your personal safety program
- edits to your personal safety program to meet the standards of the university and WorkSafe BC
- your safety record
- evidence your staff and subcontractors have proper safety training
- references from your previous clients highlighting your safety credentials