Business travel assistance

If you're travelling internationally on behalf of Royal Roads, you can count on International SOS — 24/7 medical, safety and security assistance.

About International SOS

If you need emergency medical attention while you're out of the country, the International SOS team will coordinate your care.

In addition, International SOS provides:

  • pre-trip consultations
  • health and security information about your travel destination
  • advice in your language
  • access to 26 global assistant centre staffed with doctors, nurses and security experts
  • security alerts about your destination
  • when necessary, help with emergency medical care beyond your travel insurance coverage

Getting support

If you experience a medical emergency while travelling, contact International SOS right away:

International SOS will help coordinate your emergency medical care and coverage.

At your service

For the best service while travelling:

Travel insurance

Royal Roads travellers require out-of-country health and travel insurance.

International SOS does not provide travel insurance.

Staff and faculty: RRU employees who have benefits through Pacific Blue Cross have medical emergency travel insurance coverage up to $5 million per lifetime for themselves and their dependents.

Pacific Blue Cross recommends calling Medi-Assist to ensure you have enough insurance for your destination, and to check for travel advisories.

Associate faculty members and contractors: You'll need to purchase travel medical insurance from a provider of your choice.