Teaching assistants can be employed to assist the primary instructor when class size exceeds 30 for residency courses or 40 for all other courses (face-to-face or online).
If you could benefit from a TA, please discuss this with your Program Head.
TA work is limited to:
- reading relevant course material to facilitate marking/assessing of assignments
- attending individual class sessions as required to understand scope of assignment
- fielding student questions about assignment
- marking or assessing assignments/projects/papers/exams in consultation with primary instructor and upon approval by School Director
- facilitation of online discussion
TA work does not include:
- design of instructional materials or assignments
- maintenance or content design/update of Moodle site
- lecturing or giving presentations