Earn a degree, diploma or certificate while you work at Royal Roads

Eligible staff and faculty and their immediate family members may receive tuition assistance to earn a degree, diploma or certificate, or take credit courses, while they work at Royal Roads University.

You'll have the opportunity to further your education and support your current position at Royal Roads.

Who is eligible

You may be eligible for tuition assistance if you are one of the following:

  • a regular staff member (including CUPE employees)
  • a core faculty member
  • the immediate family (spouse, child, step-child or parent) of a regular staff or faculty member

Fees waived

If you are approved for tuition assistance, RRU will waive tuition fees as follows:

  • eligible staff and faculty: 75 per cent of tuition is waived
  • immediate family members: 50 per cent of tuition is waived


Tuition assistance is subject to the university's tuition assistance policy. Approval will be granted subject to the course or program's capacity and space. In addition, the staff or faculty member must receive approval by the executive member of that person's department.

Apply for tuition assistance

To apply for tuition assistance, fill out and submit the appropriate form:

Note: Apply for tuition assistance before you apply to the course or program you're interested in.