Your first days as a faculty member at RRU can have a lasting impression — and we want it to be a positive one.
To welcome you to Royal Roads, you'll receive the following:
- a welcome package with letters from RRU President Philip Steenkamp, Human Resources, payroll and security
- a free one-week parking pass
- access to the employee orientation course on our Moodle learning platform
- access to the Centre for Teaching and Educational Technologies
- a welcome gift delivered to you soon after your first day
Shortly after you begin, you'll hear from a Human Resources associate to answer questions that may have arisen during your first week. You'll receive a meeting request from the benefits administrator to walk you through benefits at Royal Roads. And, you'll be invited to a new employee workshop within the first few weeks of your employment.
In addition, someone from the RRU Faculty Association may reach out to you.
Where to find information
As a new faculty member, you'll have lots of questions about where to find things, who to ask and where to go.
The Our People website contains a lot of relevant information for you. Search the site to learn about the campus, culture, and labour agreements, as well as resources to support your work as a faculty member.
As a new faculty member, you'll receive access to RRU's online employee orientation course.Take the new employee course
What's happening at RRU
Crossroads is the internal news hub of RRU. Read about news and events relevant to the staff and faculty community. You can submit your own news and events too.View Crossroads news and events