Our service commitment
Great teams make great universities. The RRU Human Resources team works with staff, faculty and leadership to support a positive and productive workplace.
We support you by:
- finding and hiring the best candidates
- ensuring a respectful and inclusive workplace
- embracing diversity and rejecting discrimination
- seeking to understand the challenges and unique nature of the work in each area of the university, and looking ahead to future challenges
- working with RRU leaders to provide advice, coaching and guidance
- providing training and development to grow our talent
- implementing best-practice HR programs and policies
- consistently applying collective agreements and university policies to protect the lives and health of staff, faculty and contractors
What you can expect from HR
Our HR team aims to be available, accessible and responsive to your needs. And, to be a trusted partner to all employee groups at RRU.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- We return phone calls, voicemail messages and emails received on a standard business day within three business days — the more urgent the call, the quicker the response.
- We normally respond to professional development requests within two days.
- We are available for staff and faculty who visit the office and need immediate assistance, although we encourage you to book an appointment if possible.
- We contact new staff and faculty who are eligible for benefits during the first week of employment for a benefit overview and to provide forms.
- We follow claims processes as per WorkSafeBC guidelines.
- We can take up to two months to complete the job evaluation process for staff, faculty and managers.
- If you've applied for tuition assistance, you'll hear from us within two days of us receiving an answer (timing depends on funding and space considerations).